Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Wishing you and your loved ones a Happy Thanksgiving!


Today is a great day to reflect about what you're thankful for - though this is something that should perhaps be done more than once a year... - and enjoy those around you.

This is the first year that I won't be spending the holiday with my extended family, as the hubs and I are having ourselves a mini vacation in the Colorado mountains.  Nothing says winter is almost here like lots of fresh snow at a ski resort in Crested Butte!  

It is timely though, considering this is our first year as a married couple and we're spending our Thanksgiving at a hotel spa (relaxation = happiness) and enjoying the Eagles vs Cowboys game (Fly Eagles Fly!) with just one another in our hotel room.  While very different from the hustle and bustle of our normal family meal (my hubby's Aunt always has a marvelous spread for fam) it is nice that we are starting our own traditions together.  I hope the hotel restaurant is offering some amazing green bean casserole...

#Truth
I am so thankful for an amazing husband, my lovable pup, my fantastic family (especially my Mom - she is BEYOND fantastic) and my fabulous friends.  These people make me who I am, and I couldn't be happier to have them in my life.  I really could gush on for days about those so near and dear to me - did I mention what an amazing woman my Mom is? - but I will keep it simple for the sake of the blog.

So, even though I am only able to spend today with hubby, I am thinking of those near and far - and am so blessed to be a part of your lives.

Enjoy your day of feasting with loved ones - and never forget how precious these moments are.  I'll be thinking of you Dad - I'm sure the turkey in Heaven is AMAZING. <3

Thankful quotes
Thanksgiving 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment