Monday, June 8, 2015

Dumbo Double Dare Training - Week 5

Holy cow, it's June!  I have no idea where 2015 is going and the fact that we're almost half way through is crazy!  I guess time flies when you're having fun (or at least keeping busy...).

Week 5 of DDD training went pretty well.  I actually did my long run this week (woo me! lol) so it's all up hill from here my friends.  

During the week, I only got in 1 run - a nice lil 5k run - on Tuesday.

My own lil 5k.
Since the hubs was away on business, I tried a slightly different route with the hopes of ending by a shopping center so I could then walk to get my dinner and then head home.  Ultimately, I had to tweak the route a tad as the sidewalk turned into a non-sidewalk and - given the major road I was on - had to change it up a bit.  Luckily, I was able to make it all work out in the end even with the mid-route switcharoo.  

It was hot hot hot on Tuesday, so I felt a little slow (and my route was majorly lacking shade) but I got it done, and was rewarded with a yummy dinner. ;)  The Garmin also told me it was my fastest mile, 9:32, so woo me!

The long run this week was 6.5 miles.  I haven't run this far since our 10k a month ago.  I would be lying if I didn't say it was a bit of a struggle at times, and I walked far more than I care to admit.  Again, I was kind of playing with my route to come up with the mileage and run something a little differently than when I was doing my longer runs last fall for my training.  Aka I'm looking for longer loops to run, than the ~1 mile loop that I was running last year, over and over and over again. haha  The new route is ok, but has A LOT more hills in it, whereas my 1 mile loop is fairly flat (something hard to find here in Colorado!) so it's not crazy strenuous in that regard.  

Not the best pace, but not bad considering all the walking...

Oh well, I guess the hill work is a necessary evil - but I walked up the majorish ones so I don't know how much that did for me.  But at least it's switching it up for my body.

This week, I'm hoping to finally make it back to my hot yoga classes and hit all my runs - I want to really get back into focusing on my fitness and healthy habits.  With summer upon us, there is no better time than now!

How was your weekend? =)

No comments:

Post a Comment