Wednesday, February 11, 2015

(Mostly) Wordless Wednesday



http://fiddledeeme.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Dumbo-Double-Dare.jpg
2015 DDD!


WoooHooo!  

Well folks, the Coast to Coast 2015 medal should be mine in just over 200 days!  I am SO happy to announce that yesterday I was able to get my bib for the Dumbo Double Dare Challenge!

It was really a no brainer after the fun that was had last month at the Walt Disney World Half Marathon that my running buddy and I would make the trek to California in September to get not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 (!) additional runDisney medals.  Let's be honest, we were planning this PRIOR to the fun at Disney, but that just further cemented everything, AND now we actually have 13.1 miles under our belt! 

Why so many medals you ask?  Well, that would be because with the Dumbo Double Dare Challenge (now in its third year) I will be running a 10k on Saturday AND the Disneyland Half on Sunday.  By completing these 2 races, I will obtain my DDD medal, as well as, meet the requirements for the Coast to Coast medal since I will have run in Disney World and Disneyland in 2015!  

I AM SO EXCITED!!

The whole registration process yesterday did cause me some anxiety...thankfully I work in an office that is supportive of my craziness, as the bibs went on sale at 10am my time when I should've been working, and I was able to get in fairly quickly and complete the whole process.  I have to say though, for the crashing (white page of death runDisney...no!) and delays of the page initially loading - the actual "Congratulations" of the whole thing was very anti-climatic.  So much so, I almost felt like I didn't actually just purchase a DDD bib! haha  

I'm fairly certain my bland confirmation email proves otherwise though. ;)

If you didn't have a chance to get on yesterday morning within the first 40 minutes or so, the only way to get a DDD bib now is via a charity or travel agent.  The 10k and Half have also now sold out individually, along with the Kids races.

This Disney weekend is sure to be a grand one - given the 60th anniversary of Disneyland (celebrations beginning in May!) and the 10th anniversary of the Disneyland Half Weekend.

again, I AM SOOOOO EXCITED!

Who else is up for a Disneyland run this September!?  Anyone else getting their Coast to Coast!?

No comments:

Post a Comment