Monday, October 27, 2014

Week In Review

I tend to have a pretty good routine with running and a "cross training" schedule.  Cross training being hot yoga.  I'll speak more about that tomorrow (it's a wonderful thing!). 

The beginning of September began the "Official" Disney Half Marathon Training, as supplied by Disney.  This is based upon two 30 minute work outs during the week (Tuesday/Thursday) which I typically run on a treadmill after work and then a long run on the weekends.  My long runs are just really gearing up - as my posted yesterday alluded to, I had 8 miles for my long run this past week, yikes! haha

Training Schedule (10.20.14 - 10.26.14)

10.20.14 // 5:30am Hot Yoga at Sumits Yoga (80 minute class)

10.21.14 // 30 minute Disney training session.  I ran 2.20 miles on the treadmill, which MapMyRun counts as a 13:34 pace.

10.22.14 //  5:30am Hot Yoga at Sumits Yoga (80 minute class)

10.23.14 // 30 minute Disney training session.  I ran 2.20 miles on the treadmill, which MapMyRun counts as a 13:38 pace.

10.24.14 // Rest day.  I was contemplating running after work, but was worried about running out of daylight given my 8 mile goal.  The flip side is, if I complete these miles on Friday afternoon, it frees up my weekend for more fun times with the hubs and pup!

10.25.14 // 8 mile Disney training session.  This was a learning running for me.  The week prior, I ran 6 miles and felt GREAT about it (and completed it on a Friday after work!).  Going into this run, however, I suppose I didn't leave enough time between my late lunch and hitting the road (which I was nervous about again since I ran in the afternoon and chasing the daylight!) so I knew I couldn't hold off starting any longer, heading out around 4:30pm.  I started off strong, but then it was all down hill from there - I felt like I had a brick in my stomach.  It was painful, and it showed on my splits.  I actually didn't even look at my splits until Sunday because I knew they were going to depress me, given how successful I had previously been.  While the pain did eventually subside, the damage was done.  There were MULTIPLE times I almost just threw in the towel, but decided regardless of the times, to finish it.  Though I feel you can just see my deterioration throughout.  


Not my best effort. =(


I know from here, it can only get better (and as my husband pointed out, I was below the 16 minute mile requirement for Disney...gee, thanks!) but it was still a bit of a downer given how well I have been doing based up my 10K a few weeks ago, and my 6 mile run last week.  We can't all have perfect runs all the time, and it was a learning lesson given the late lunch I had (Wendy's!) and not giving myself enough time to digest and run properly.

I guess that's just part of being a novice runner, some things you just have to learn the hard way!

10.26.14 // 1.06 mile walk around the 'hood with Toby and my Husband.  A Toby mile walk typically take about half an hour due to his avid sniffing.  This one clocked in at 29:31 minutes. 


Any tips for me as I get into longer runs?


No comments:

Post a Comment